We are a both a wellness center (preventive health care) and a pain center (injury; illness; pre- and post-surgery therapy) for men, women, teens and kids. We treat infants but do not deliver babies.
Are we the right clinic for you?
Every situation is different, and we may explore the following options with you:
- Natural medicine
- Vitamin supplements
- Physical therapy: ultrasound and micro stimulation
- Prescription medications
- Acupuncture and Chinese herbs
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling
- Wellness programs: diet and exercise
- Ordering lab tests and X-rays
- Referring to other specialists and surgeons
- BHRT: Hormone Replacement Services – Bioidentical hormones having the same molecular structure as the hormones produced naturally in your body, have proven to be a safer option and also have been shown to protect against some diseases, including those whose risk is increased by non-bioidentical hormones. This is an effective relief from symptoms caused by menopause, andropause, PMS, and hormone imbalances. www.foreverhealth.com
- Hormone Pellets: Hormone pellets have become increasingly more patients’ choice of hormone delivery for hormone replacement therapy. Hormone pellet therapy is a procedure in which bio-identical hormones, i.e.. Testosterone and Estradiol are compounded into small cylindricles and implanted under the skin. The procedure is done in the office and only takes a few minutes. Hormone pellets have been shown to deliver sustained hormone levels over the course of months. When hormone delivery is consistently maintained the body does not experience the highs and lows often seen in some cases with pills, shots, and/or creams and gels. Proper dosing is determined by Dr. Brust using laboratory blood levels. Bio-identical pellets release a constant dose of hormone which may last up to 3-6 months.
- TA-65: Genetic scientists won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2009 for research on telomeres and telomerase. They revolutionized the medical community’s understanding of againg. Now, over 8,000 published studies confirm that longer telomeres are associated with a longer healthspan. www.TASciences.com.
- DITI: Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI) is a 15 minute non invasive test of physiology. It is a valuabel procedure for alerting your doctor to changes that can indicate early stage brease disease. The benefit of DITI testing is that it offers the opportunity of earlier detection of breast disease than has been possible through brest self examiniation, doctor examination or mammography alone. www.Meditherm.com/breasthealth
- InBody: Weight alone is not a clear indication of good health because it does not distinguish how many pounds of fat, and how many pounds are lean body mass. By simply standing on the InBody footplates and holding the handgrips, you can regularly monitor your body fat, water weight, and muscular development. Thus, you can understand how your diet, lifestyle, and exercise regimen are affecting your body. www.biospaceamercia.com
- Bio-Oxidative Therapy: Ozone is a powerful regulator of the immune system. It calms down an overactive immune system and boosts an under active immune system. Compromised immune systems can be seen clinically in patients with HIV, chronic diseases, auto-immune diseases, infections, and cancer. Ozone detoxifies the cells and cleans the liver. It decreases inflamation and improves circulation. It kills viruses, fungus, bacteria, and cancer cells as well as builds muscle cells and enhances memory. Ozone therapy also increases antioxidant protection in our bodies and mitochondrial energy production. There are many forms of administration. Currently at Preventative Medicine @ Bend, we offer Major Auto-Hemotherapy (MAH) and Hyperbaric Bio-Oxidative Therapy (Hot Ozone).
- Biologics: One of the exciting and promising areas of science has been the study and use of our own human cellular tissues in the healing and prevention of injury and disease known as biologics. Some examples are stem cells (MSC) , exosomes, and amnionic fluid.
- Stem Cells: In the Unites States embryonic stem cells (ESCs) are not used for treatment because of ethical and legal issues. Autograft: The recipient and the donor are the same person. These stem cells are most commonly obtained from adipose (fat) tissue or bone marrow. Allograft: Cell products are now available in the United states. They are products that are processed and stored in laboratories that are inspected by the FDA. These cells can be from umbilical cord and placenta from healthy mothers and their newborn infants in the United States. These mothers and infants are extensively tested to insure no infectious disease are present in the mother and infant.
- Exosomes: These are like a tiny package within mesenchymal stem cells. They are like a tiny gift within a gift. They are the main signaling or communicators in our bodies. They talk to the other cells share information and communicate messages of healing, repair, and regeneration to the organs and tissues of the body. This product is used in IV (systemic applications) and via injections.
- Amnionic Fluid: This is a pure amniotic fluid liquid allograft derived from donated human placental amniotic fluid. This cell product contains hundreds of growth factor, cytocines, proteins, and other naturally occurring nutrients which enable and maximize the potential of endogenous cells that in turn promote cellular repair and regeneration. This product is often used as a non-steroidal joint injection to reduce pain, and inflammation and encourage repair.
- “Stay-healthy” programs
- Acute and chronic (on-going) pain
- lower back, headache, sports injuries, sciatica
- Coughs, colds, flu, sore throat
- Nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy or radiation
- Anemia (low energy)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Osteoporosis (brittle bones)
- Obesity (overweight)
- Weight gain
- Respiratory ailments: asthma
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Cognitive Decline
Our Best Patients
- Are responsive to the natural medicine philosophy.
- Choose natural medicine as a path to better health.
- Take responsibility for their own health or lack thereof.
- Join with the physician in making health care decisions.
- Take financial responsibility.
If this sounds like a fit, we encourage you to call us for a consulting appointment to talk about the specific needs for you and/or your family.
Life is not merely living – but living in health