The Preventative Medicine Clinic’s mission is to provide quality healthcare in an environment of integrity, clinical competency, and compassion to those who choose natural medicine as a path to better health.
Dr. Evelyn Brust ND L.Ac, naturopathic physician, licensed acupuncturist, is the medical director of the Preventative Medicine Clinic. She is a highly respected expert in bioidentical hormones(BHRT). Her clinical focus is metabolic balance in men, women and children, in prevention of disease and optimization of health and wellness. She graduated in 1989 from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine and Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, and relocated to Bend, Oregon in 1996. She was the president of the Oregon Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Society of Oregon for 9 years and on the Board of the Health & Wellness committee of St Charles Medical Center in Bend. She has written articles for local newspapers and appeared on local TV programs. Her practice is fully integrative using the best of modern medicine and science, and the best of natural medicine and acupuncture.
Principles of natural medicine:
- First do no harm.
- Treat the whole person.
- Identify and treat the cause.
- The body has the natural ability to heal itself.
- Prevention is the best cure.
- A doctor’s role is to educate and encourage personal responsibility
We are a both a wellness center (preventive health care) and a pain center (injury; illness; pre- and post-surgery therapy) for men, women, teens and kids. We treat infants but do not deliver babies.
- Are responsive to the natural medicine philosophy.
- Choose natural medicine as a path to better health.
- Take responsibility for their own health or lack thereof.
- Join with the physician in making health care decisions.
- Take financial responsibility.
If this sounds like a fit, we encourage you to call us for a consulting appointment to talk about the specific needs for you and/or your family.
Life is not merely living – but living in health